Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday 1/24/2010

Yesterday in sacrament meeting I played the opening Hymn on the organ. I was nervous. I was playing for the whole ward AND I hadn't even TOUCHED the organ since last year! AH! I played very well though. I had absolutely NO mistakes and the timing was correct. I gave myself the old pat of the back.... but now they want me to do it a whole lot more. I'm playing the closing Hymn this next Sunday. woopeee....... :D I also sang "If you could high to Kolob" with a two couples, Emmalyn, Dad and I. In the program it said "so and so, so and so, Emma Fox and Sewart McKenna". Stewart McKenna!! Dad and I were teased throughout the day about that. People kept saying " Tell Stewart McKenna he did a great job. :D" It was pretty funny. That isn't even how you spell Dad's name. ooohh man. Good times, good times. That will not be easily forgotten.

Ciao!

9 comments:

Abe Fox said...

McKenna,
I love your blog. Sorry I haven't stopped by in a bit. Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year are pretty fun-crazy-packed-with-activities times of the year. But things are getting normal-ish again.

Anyway, I miss you guys!
What kind of dog do you guys have now? How long have you had Magi?
Exciting times about the new ward, does your Dad have a calling yet?

And last but not least....I ABSOLUTELY love the Sam/Frodo Quote....it just Rocks!!!!

Cheers, Uncle Abe

McKenna said...

Thanks! I know what you mean. Life does get crazy.

We got Magi Christmas day and she is a labradoodle. She is getting big so fast! She was born October 16th.

I miss you guys too! Are you going to the family reunion???

Exciting stuff. My Dad is the Seminary teacher over the seniors and my Mom is the Young Womens President. Life has been very busy. :D

Me too! :D So good. Sam is my favorite. I want a friend like Sam.

Ciao!

McKenna :D

Abe Fox said...

So if "Magi" is a female....

Do you pronounce her name like "Magi" from The Gift of the Magi (Christmas Story)?

OR do you pronounce it like "Maggie", but just spelling it a really cool way?

Cool looking dog either way!!

Abe Fox said...

Oh, and as far as the Reunion goes - It looks like I will be bringing Faith, Elinor, Bethany & Clark; and Betsy will be staying home with Cannon....unfortunately.

She will be just a month away from having a baby, and she just knows she will not want to travel being that late in the pregnancy, which I completely understand.

Maybe, just maybe...if she is feeling absolutely fantastic...I am holding out hope she might still feel up to coming, but because it is more of just a basic issue of Mother & Baby safety, probably not. Either way, we will be driving up.

Abe Fox said...

Sorry, for all of the comments....but if I just went back to your Christmas Blog Posts....I would have found the answer to my Magi-name question.

Pronounced "Maggie"....but spelled like Gift of the Magi!!!

Awesome!!

McKenna said...

We pronounce it Maggie. :D

McKenna said...

:D Yeah I understand that she might not be up to the reunion. My mom gets sick and all that....stuff. lol

Thats OK. At least someone is commenting. :D:):P

lani call said...

WOW! your blog is amazing looking! So did you take all of your families photographs? because if you did you should totally go pro because you are amazing. You want to take my senior pictures?? :)

McKenna said...

Thanks!! Yes I took all of them. :D Senior pictures?...SURE! lol

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."