Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"...Rejoice, rejoice, [my Mom is home]!!!..." :D

Hey y'all!  My Mom got safely home this morning around 3Am.  Yesterday was kind of eventful.  Later in the day my dear Father decided to take a short trip to my Uncle and Aunt's home in Oregon City.  Emmalyn and I decided to stay home.  We thought we might watch a Christmas movie or chat with some friends on Gmail. But alas, our power went out not long after my father was gone.  So we decided o go play outside in the wonderful conglomeration (is that the right word for it??) of snow and ice.  After  a while, Emmalyn brought up the suggestion that we should go to the Gordon's house and sing to them.  Brother Gordon is the second counselor in the bishop brick, and Sister Gordon is in the stake Young Women presidency.  So....we left a note for Dad telling him where we were going, and then started out down the driveway.  They live about 5 minutes away.  So we went to their house and knocked on the door, but no one was home.  So we started to leave.  But as we were walking down their driveway, we see Brother Gordon walking towards us!  He asked what we were doing and we told him that we were going to carol at their house but nobody was home so we were just walking back.  He then said that the reason he was walking down his driveway as opposed to driving the car, was because a great big branch had fallen in the way, so he was going to get a saw.  He told us that Sister Gordon was up at the car so we could go sing our carol. :D  So we walked up and talked to Sister Gordon and helped Brother Gordon get the branch out of the way we sang our carol.  After we finished our carol we were invited back to the house for some hot soup and pie.  The soup was delicious and so was the pie.....we also had Henry's root beer.....yum! :D  After all the food was consumed we talked to them for awhile longer.  We talked about my trip to England and a little bit about how the money works and such. It was fun.  I had a good warm feeling while we were there.  One reason is because they said that they had not ANY carolers at their house ever!...and they have lived in the same house for about 30 years!.....they also haven't had any trick-or-treaters......how sad is that!  So anyways......I felt ver gut, that is very good in German, that we had gone with Emmalyn's prompting and visited the Gordon's.  After that we just chilled at our house until we went to bed.

Well, I hope all of you people's have a FANTASTICALLY, BRILLIANT Christmas!!!!!


LAUGH and SMILE ALWAYS!!

McKenna:D

4 comments:

Katie Fox said...

Your so cute Mckenna, your blogs always make me happy.

Mica Judkins said...

Wow McKenna! That's pretty cool!

Also, i'm gald that your Mom is home safely!

~ Chica

Emmalyn said...

Ya that was pretty fun.......:D

Abe Fox said...

McKenna,

I am so glad Tiffany and Co. made it home safe for Christmas!

I love your blog!.....but I must point out two little things in your list of linked-to-blogs under "Family and Friends"....

It's Amy and Jesse.....not Amy and Jessie (unless you like teasing him by putting the "i" in there....then its ok)
and
Russell and Melissa....not Russell and Malissa

I hope you don't think I am a Blog-Snob for mentioning those.

Anyway, I hope you had the greatest Christmas Ever.....because it is the most recent Christmas ever.....and the most recent should always be the greatest.....that way when you are 99 years old, you will be having ABSOLUTELY INSANELY AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE Christmases!!!

Anyway, that is how I try to look at things.

Cheerio, Abe

P.S. Please delete my goofy comment if you so desire

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."