Saturday, December 6, 2008

Friday December 5th, 2008

Yesterday was a REALLY good day!!  Seminary was good. (Brother Couch taught the Freshmen seminary class because Sister Swertfeger was sick)  After seminary I did the usual routine.  Go home get ready for the day, eat breakfast and start on school.  Then at 9:45 am my Mom drove me to OYLI.  At 10:00 we had devotional.  Mariah had the devotional.  It was a really good one.  It is a subject that is really quite close to my heart.  She read the story "You are special" By Max Lucado.  It is a really powerful story...at least for me.  
 
It is about the Wemmicks , and how they go around putting stars and dots on people for either there special talents such as jumping high or could sing pretty songs.  The wemmicks would put dots on other wemmicks who couldn't sing pretty songs, jump high or would say silly things.  This was especially hard for one wemmick named Punchinello.  He had many dots.  He would try to jump high.  But when he did this, he would just fall and scratch his wood.  When he fell wemmicks  would gather around him and put dots all over him.  Then Punchinello would try to explain why.  Nut when he did he said funny things, so the wemmicks only put more dots on him.   Punchinello would tell himself that he wasn't a good wemmick because he didn't have any stars.  One day Punchinello met a wemmick named Lucia.  Punchinello had never seen a wemmick like Lucia before.  She had no dots OR stars anywhere on her body....she was just wood.  And its not that people didn't put dots on her, its that the stickers wouldn't stick.  They would fall off as soon as someone put it on.  Punchinello said to himself that he wanted to be like Lucia, with no dots or stars.   So he asked her how she didn't have any dots or stars on her."  "Its easy." She said.  "Every day, I go see Eli."   "Eli?" Said Punchinello.  "Yes Eli. The woodcarver.  I sit in the workshop with with him."  " Why?"  "Why don't you go find out yourself?  Go up the hill.  He's there." Lucia said.  Punchinello goes to see Eli.  When he gets to the workshop, he talks to Eli about the stickers that the wemmicks keep putting on others.  Eli tells Punchinello that the reason the stickers don't stick to Lucia is that she doesn't care what the others think of her.  All Lucia cares about is that Eli loves her.  Eli tells Punchinello that he is special because he made him and Eli tells Punchinello that he loves him very much.

.........I'm not the best at story synopsis's...:D Here is a link to the actual story..:D


  After devotional we split for classes.  Pyramid Project class yesterday was one of my favorite so far. :D  The first thing we discussed was the devotional we just had.  We talked about how people put "Dots" on others.  Brother Waddell asked us WHY? do people do that to others?  We said that people could do it because hey are jealous or insecure with themselves. We then talked about how we sometimes put "Dots" on ourselves.  Brother Waddell wanted us to ponder these questions.  Do I put "Dots on myself?  If so, WHY?  Can I change it?  Do I want to be that way? Will I have the initiative to change it?  If I put "Dots on others will I stop?  
WE pondered this thought for a few minutes and then wrote down what our feelings were.  We also talked about how NO one is perfect.  We are somewhat like airplanes.  You may think airplanes are always on course, but the truth is they are 90% off course while flying to there destination.  So knowing this, we discussed that in our lives we are never completely on course, but like the airplane pilot, we are constantly looking for signals to help us from ending up somewhere we didn't want to be.  Like in the book by Stephen R. Covey,  7 Habits of Highly Effective people,  we must begin with the end in mind.  
Also in class we discussed that to learn and become better people, we must have Initiative and Submission.  Upon these two actions, we can develop: Vision, Mission, Abilities and Skills.  
After we discussed these serious subjects, Lillian gave her presentation.  It was on airplanes.  It was really informative. (..............NARF!!!!!........DOODLE!!!......sorry..... a sudden outburst of craziness....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)  After Lillian's presentation we discussed the book "The Phantom Tollbooth".  I highly recommend this book.  Especially to anyone who thinks that there life is boring and that they don't have any fun learning. :D  *sigh*  Pyramid Project is AMAZING!!!!  O mi palabra!!!!!!!!!  

...........I think I'm going to let you into my head for about 15 seconds.......... MY THOUGHT ON LIFE: My life is so AMAZING!!  I have AMAZING friends and FANTASTIC Adults whom I associate with.  They inspire me to do the best that I can do.  I feel SO blessed to live where I am with the family I'm with.  I am also so grateful  for the gospel.  Without it I feel like I would be a completely different person!!:D:D:D  Laugh and Smile ALWAYS!!!!

Till I post again!!:D:D:D:D

McKenna!:D

No comments:

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."