Sundays. Oh how I love them. The one day a week I can truly rest! I don't get to sleep in on Sundays since I have 9am church, however, I get to take it easy the rest of the day which I enjoy. I try my best to not do home work on Sundays {doesn't always work out that way...} so that I can not worry about school and just have a day of peace.
I really enjoyed Relief Society today. The lesson was based on the talk "First observe, then serve" given by Sister Burton during the October 2012 General Conference. It was a good reminder to me that I need to really pay attention to what and how those around me need to be served. I think that sometimes (especially here at school) people feel like if they bake someone a batch of cookies, that person will feel served and loved. This isn't always the case. While cookies are delicious and a lovely gesture, I think that taking the 10-15 minutes to really talk and listen to someone is a service that is most appreciated and felt in the heart. This is at least something I have found. Just a little thought I felt like I should share.
{My little hope for this blog is that I can share a little bit of my thoughts, feelings, experiences and things I have learned with friends and family. I also hope it is something that I can look back on and see how far I have come and what I want to work on in myself to become better.}
What happened over the weekend-
-Friday I went and sang at the assisted living home in Rexburg with BYU-Idaho's Women's Choir. It was awesome :) I love going to sing for the elderly who are in assisted living homes without their loved ones. I was able to sit and chat with several of the cute little old ladies that were present to hear us sing. My heart gets so full when I get to talk to these people. I love hearing the stories they tell and just being able to make them smile. It makes my day and I hope it makes theirs. I have such a deep respect for the elderly. The End.
- Saturday I got a haircut. I needed something a little new and fresh. I added some layers which helped take some weight off and gave me a little different look. I am trying to grow my locks out so I just trimmed an inch off for hair health. :)
A little overview for this week-
Tomorrow {Monday, March 25}
-My 10 page research paper on barefoot running is due to be graded{I. AM. NERVOUS.}
-I am taking my roommates {Emily} engagement pictures. She finally got officially engaged over the weekend to Lynn Mecham from Carey, ID.
They are getting married August 17th (providing they don't change the date again...) and Emily asked me to be her maid of honor! I am very excited for her. She is happy and that makes me happy. :)
Tuesday
Normal class schedule. I might be taking part in "Adopt a Grandparent" program that is apparently run by BYU-Idaho students {I hadn't heard about it....} and sing to those living at the assisted living center again. {hehe *happy dance*}
The only problem is that I haven't received any more info on it since I was asked 2 weeks ago...sooo we will see if I make it....
I can't think of anything else noteworthy happening in the week.....so I will close with saying that I hope the reader of this post may have a lovely day and do something that brings a smile to the face. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment