Thursday, March 21, 2013

3/21/2013

A few that have happened, will be happening, and random thoughts. :D -I auditioned to sing a solo at graduation and got it! I am very excited for the opportunity and the memory I will get to take from it. I am singing Our Savior's Love. :) - Tonight (3/21) is my last Women's Choir concert. I am going to miss choir, but look forward to new singing opportunities to come. Tonight our concert is around the theme of the Resurrection and Easter since that is coming up soon. We are singing several Latin songs and Hebrew songs. They are absolutely beautiful. -Tomorrow for choir we are going to an assisted living center and singing to the residents there and then visiting with them. I love being able to go sing to and visit those in assisted living homes. I know that they must get very lonely and enjoy being listened too and talked too. That will be a lot of fun and I will probably tear up. I am such a sap and have become a lot more emotional over the last year. ah well. I can live with having a big heart :) -Saturday I am going on a hike to the hot springs. I will take some pictures and then post them here. :) -I am writing a 10-15 page research paper for my writing class on barefoot running and how barefoot running is actually better than conventional running in many ways and the science behind it. - On Tuesday (3/19) I had a presentation in my Cognitive Psychology class that I COMPLETELY spaced. Lucky I can usually speak on the fly, so I did alright....and got an A on it ;) {hehe so smooth} -I have actually enjoyed learning about diabetes and better understanding it and the complications that can arise because of it. I have family members with it and am glad I can better understand what they go through, feel, experience and how to help them better live with diabetes. -I REALLY miss eating clean. I eat ok here at school, but I am just not able to eat how I normally do when living in Oregon. I can;t wait to come home and start eating a whole lot cleaner. Also. SUSHI. I miss that stuff with all of my heart. Sushi appears in my dreams. How sad and pathetic is that?! I just miss eating that glorious food of the Gods and can't wait to taste it once more.... *sigh* -It is sad when the sun shines and it is 40 degrees here in Rexburg and I feel like it is t-shirt weather and I am sweating a little bit.... I remember being in Oregon in December and it being 40 and me FREEZING. CRAZY! -I miss my family SO much. I miss my little brothers especially. Every time I Skype them they always ask when I will be home and when they can hang out with me. It honestly makes me tear up and my heart melt. -I need a massage and an adjustment. My back, shoulders and neck are super tight and I get headaches often. NO FUN. Alright, that is enough for now. :) Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Lauryn Fox said...

Cute McKenna :) the little boys DO miss you. We all do! Sounds like college is going GREAT for ya! See you soon! :)

Lauryn F. =)

Amy F. said...

That is really amazing that you were chosen for the solo, although I am not surprised. You and your family have the gift of voice! You are so talented and beautiful. Love ya!

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."