Thursday, March 21, 2013

College life is coming to a close

WOW. As I sit here on my uncomfortable twin bed in my humble apartment, I feel a bit sentimental. (I have always been ridiculously sentimental...so the feel isn't new....but still..) I am just getting hit with the reality that college life is coming to an end. Don't get me wrong. I am VERY excited to leave Rexburg and get on with my life. I just feel a chapter of my life ending and feel that a moment of reflection is in order. I have loved being here at BYU-Idaho. Besides it being in the middle of nowhere and too cold for my taste in the winter....{teehee} it has been one truly great experience. I have been able to learn so much academically, spiritually, emotionally, personally, and socially. I have had the opportunity to have an incredible roommate who I love to death and will miss. I have done some very fun stuff indoors and out. (just to name a FEW:snowshoeing, skeet shooting, hiking, Yellowstone, Latin dancing, Ballroom dancing, choir performances, wild roommate escapades to the store for ice cream late at night, different concerts such as Vocal Point/BYU Singers/etc.) Although the homework load sometimes gets crazy, I have LOVED the classes I have taken and the things I have learned in them. I have had fun exploring new things and finding out what I like most and want in life. This college life has treated me pretty well and I am thankful for it. Now, on to new experiences!

No comments:

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."