Yesterday in my American Epidemic class we went to the cadaver lab and examined a two bodies. They were both female. One was very thin while the other was a little bit bigger. The smaller woman was completely taken apart in front whereas the other woman was completely intact in front and her back was opened up.
I am not gonna lie. I had a great time! I thought it was very interesting and I learned way more by actually feeling, moving and touching different parts of human anatomy than I ever have studying from a book. Best learning experience ever. It did smell pretty yucky though...I smelled like dead people all day untnil I was able to change. haha
What we were mainly at the cadaver lab to look at was a body that had a pretty bad case of atherosclerosis and what it looks (and feels) like. We also have been learning about the anatomy of the heart, pancreas, liver, kidney, and pituitary gland so we looked more closely at those. It was so cool! Who I would have such a good time in a cadaver lab? :D
This class has been pretty challenging but also so interesting and life changing. I am glad that I have been able to take this class and learn just how importance it is to take care of your body and the different things that can happen when we get careless. I have also learned that those with diabetes need to pay close attention to their glucose levels so that they can better avoid the painful issues that can occur more easily because of diabetes. Basically, I love this class and the things I am learning. :)
The End


No comments:
Post a Comment