Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 25 2009 - Tudor festival

On Monday Amy took us children, Myself along with Dylanie and Lucas, to the Tudor Festival that was going on in Stratford at Mary Arden's Farm. ( I think I have already told you this, but Mary Arden was William Shakespeare's Mother....) It was way fun. It was a reenactment of a Tudor wedding. We saw people preparing food and clothing and garlands. In the farm house around lunch time, a bunch of the reenactors were eating an authentic Tudor lunch. It reminded me of when My family and I along with our friends the Waddell's did a American History trip and we went to Plymouth, and my friends and I walked around the houses and saw people eating their supper. That was such a great experience. :D For lunch we bought some homemade tart, pie, hog roll (really good by the way) and banana bread. YUM! I almost bought this Tudor wash ball for my friend Maddie....but it was 4 pounds for a small ball of soap. It was pretty cool though. Sorry Maddie!! I still love you. :D
After the Tudor festival we went to Nash's House. Nash's house was the house that Shakespeare lived his last years in. He died in that house.... It was cool. The KNOT gardens were really cool. I told my Mom that we should have one...or two. lol :)
We had a lovely time. :D

Last night was book group. It was at Sara Bowman's house. (Sara, Dave and Harriet live in the CUTEST cottage! It is also really old. The oldest part on the house is from the 1400's.....I think....lol) We discussed The Book Thief. I LOVE this book! I have learned quite a bit from it. I believe its a classic that should be read at LEAST once on someones lifetime. I had a great time. I knew most of the women their personally. I am thinking of trying to set up one with my friends when I get back.

Till I post again,

McKenna (Sorry, but sometimes I am really goofy..... :D)

No comments:

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."