Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2, 2009! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!)

Today is James' OFFICIAL 1st birthday!!  I can't believe he's 1!!!!  Just this past week he has been getting more active.  He is so adorable! Yesterday we had a SMALL new years/family birthday party for him, because Dad is out of town for the next couple of days on a Mona-Vie trip.  

My Dad left this morning around 3:30 am for the airport with Uncle Phil and Bryce Phillips.  They were flying to Orlando, Florida.  At 8 Emmalyn and I got up all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for our temple trip at 10:30 am.  I love going to the temple.  It makes me extremely happy.  I can't help smiling when I'm there. :D The reason for this joyous activity was because the wonderful Sister Abbott (with the help of many other individuals) organized a stake youth temple trip.  It is a HUGE ordeal.  They set up about 5 different sessions, and at each session there are a bunch of youth from various wards that signed up to come to do temple work at that specific time.  I am very grateful for that opportunity.  There were around 8 young men and around 15 young women.  

Well, I'll keep you all posted.  Thanks for all the posts!  I sure do appreciate them!!


Laugh and Smile ALWAYS!!

McKenna :D:D:D

download.php.jpg

Portland, Oregon Temple.


download.php.jpg

London, England Temple. (I'm actually hoping that I will be able to go do baptisms for the dead in this temple when I'm in England. :D)

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

good for you at going to the temple, isn't it such a wonderful place. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!! wow how time flies by.

McKenna said...

I know....time is a funny thing... :D

Hope you guys had a super awesome New Years!!! :D

McKenna

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."