When we reached england I was feeling a lot better. ( Thank you airbourne!! lol) I still wasn't totally healed but....I'll take it. My Aunt Amy, Uncle Kristian and my cousin Lucas came to pick is up. My Grandma had been at the airport for several hours. Once we had bags and rental car we started our journey....
THE CAR RIDE.
It may sound cheesy, but I was seriously just freaking out at every little thing. But for vanities sake I didn't freak out aloud. lol I freaked out in silence. It was a dream come true. All the years I had learned about this small island of vast history....and then I'm here. I don't know why I had such a fascination with england. I'm not sure where it started. But all I know is that I have been fascinated with england since about age 9.
The car ride to Oxford was only supposed to take about 45 minutes to an hour....but we were stuck in a pretty bad traffic jam. ( "McKenna! This is you first english traffic jam!!! haha
" ....that was my mom teasing me..lol) The scenery was magnificent! :D Beautiful green hills dotted with villages and trees.... *sigh*
When we got to Oxford, we went to Cowley ( that where my Aunt and Uncle live) to drop off our luggage and get situated. After we finished people were hungry so I was appointed to pic a place to eat. I suggested The eagle and Child. I suggested it because of its history, not its food. The food wasn't' bad...it just wasn't very good......yeah lol The history of it is........C.S Lewis, J.R.R Tolkien and a few others drank whilst they sat telling one another about ideas they had or the books they were writing. There is a little plaque for them in the pub....in fact there are about 3.
As a first meal in the U.K I had the classic Fish and Chips. In fact almost everyone got fish and chips. The only people that didn't was Grandma, Mom and Amy. Mom got a pork pie because Sister Nilson told her that she had to try it. (Sister Nilson LOVES them. Why? I can't say...It is cold ground up pork wrapped in this gelatinous mass (spelling?) in pastry...in other words...*gag*) Sorry to all those who love pork pies.....but.....I do NOT recommend them. :D
After dinner, we walked around city centre for about an hour. It was cool to just walk through the city. We went and saw the Radcliffe Camera, St. Mary's, and Christ's Church college. They were all really cool. :D
I will get pictures of the first day on here shortly!
Avere un giorno felice! ( Have a happy day! in Italian)
McKenna
1 comment:
ha ha ha, i don't especially like the pork pies either. Fish and Chips are good though. =)
Post a Comment