In stead of going into great detail, I'm just going to give you my "APPENDICITIS ADVENTURE" in a nut shell.
SO.........
Saturday Night I feel fine and I go to the valentine stake dance. ( Which was really fun by the way.) I get home and go to bed. Next morning I wake up felling strangely tired, and start getting ready for church. All of a sudden I feel REALLY sick and start throwing up. (Sorry if I'm getting to graphic for you.) After I regained my stomach I make my way downstairs to inform my Dad that it would probably wouldn't be the smartest thing for me to go to church. He agrees so I go upstairs and lay down and rest. The next morning...around 2:30 am I wake up feeling worse then the day before. I wake Emma up and ask her to get something to help me get something to help the pain. (It really hurt charlie..LOL ) Emma leaves and is gone for what feels like an hour, so I hobble down stairs to see what is taking so log. When I get to the kitchen Emma is searching through our medicine box's looking for Pep to-Bismol. When she found it she prepared the right amount and handed the medicine to me to consume. Just as I take the first...gulp...I start throwing up again. So then My dad comes and...anyway I get back to my room and TRY to get some sleep. Next day I'm in bed still in a lot of pain. I didn't eat anything all day. Next morning around 2:30 am (wow deja-vu...LOL) I wake up and my stomach is hurting worse than before. So after a few minutes contemplating whether I should go wake my parents up or not, I make my way to my parents room. Once there I told my parents that the pain was almost to much to bear, they called a nurse, the nurse asked some questions and had me do a bunny hop (which hurt when I touched the ground again..) and some other stuff. After I did these little tests, the nurse said that I should go to the hospital because I had the symptoms of appendicitis. So I get ready to go to the hospital, and once ready my wonderful dad who I love dearly, drove me to my uncle Phil's house to give me a quick blessing before taking me to the hospital. Once at the hospital I got put into a room, a nurse gave me an I.V, oh joy, and I went through a few tests and then the doctor came in and said "She's got it."
So...I get checked into this other room and wait pretty much ALL day to get a surgery. Once I got into a time slot where they could do the operation..I started to feel kind of nervous. Right before I went into surgery they too me to this pre-surgery room where the prepare you for surgery. By this time I was so scared that I started crying...yes I know...*cough*...anyway... I met the surgeon who was going to be the one operating, he was nice, then I got this kind of anesthetic that kind of makes you loopy, calm and relaxed. About a minute after they gave me that I couldn't remember them rolling me out, even though I was awake. Weird I know. Once in the operating room, which I don't remember, they knocked me out. The next thing I know, is there is a lady waking me up in this room that I hadn't seen before. She was telling me that I had to wake....and blah-dee blah-dee blah. LOL :D
So....then I got back to my room.....and my recovery started. ( By the way...That night wasn't the best night of sleep. Things kept beeping and nurses kept waking me up to get My blood pressure and such...just in case you wanted to know..) The next day I was supposed to get up and walk. That was rather, ok, REALLY painful. So instead of leaving that morning, I stayed till later that afternoon. Then I made the journey home, which shockingly, hurt A LOT. Before we got home we made a detour to burger ville because I was really hungry because....hospital food is disgusting...yuck! :P:P When I got home I went to me parents room and layed down on their bed, where I was for several days after, and rested.
SO there you have it... I lots of love and cards, flowers, a balloon (or balloony if your Sam.), a really soft blanket, and a letter/poem from a good friend that made me SMILE. :D So thanks everyone for your love and support!
SMILE!
McKenna :D:D:D
5 comments:
Glad you made it through it all! Not a fun adventure, having been through it myself.
Thanks. :D It was an experience all right. :D:D
Approximately 33 days until we're in england! ah!
Avere un Giorno Felice!
Wow McKenna! That sounds... PAINFUL AND AWFUL! I hope I never have Appedicitis! Wow.
My Dad actually had Appendicitis. I'm not going to type you the story, because it's too long, but I told it to Emma, so you can ask her. Or... remind me to tell you when I see you again! :)
You know, I was thinking, it's better that you had it now (!!! I know!!!!!) rather than while in England. That would be TERRIBLE! Away from home, in a forign country... That would be a disaster.
I know! I am very grateful.. :D
Avere un giorno felice!
Post a Comment