Saturday, October 3, 2009

Adam Boyce's SURPRISE Birthday party

Yesterday was a lovely one. Emmalyn and a few of my other friends and I played several games while we waited for Pyramid Project later that afternoon. After Pyramid Project I babysat my siblings at my Grandma Tracy's while my parents went out to dinner with her to officially celebrate her birthday which was on Wednesday. As soon as the y got back I jumped into the car so that I wouldn't be to late to Adam's party. I didn't get there late because Adam wasn't there yet. When we were told that Adam was going to be there any minute, we all piled into the Boyce's living room and turned all of the lights off. We all waited in the dark as Sister Boyce informed us that Brother Boyce would come inside first and then Adam. We saw the car pull up, so any whispered conversations that were going on ceased immediately as we waited to bombard Adam with one word. Surprise. A few moments later Brother Boyce hurried into the house and shut the door behind him telling us that Adam was coming. Suddenly the door burst open with two figures in the doorway being ambushed a wave of noise. However, as soon as the word surprise left my mouth I realized that it wasn't Adam and Aliza that stood in the doorway, it was Aliza and Scott, Adam's older brother. As soon as I had put the pieces together, hundreds of packing peanuts were being poured all over our heads by Adam who had been upstairs the WHOLE time! Once everyone realized this, they laughed and laughed. :D The best 'Surprise' party I have ever been to. lol :D We played a bunch of fun games and had the opportunity to get to know some of Adam's friends from Tigard. It was so fun, I'm glad I went. :D At the end of the party, when people started leaving, we started to sing a bunch of Hymns. We sounded great! I love it when we get together and sing. I had to leave during the song "The Spirit of God". What a wonderful end to a excellent party.

:D

No comments:

Some advice / thoughts on life.....

"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D

"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."