Then we talked about how to find truth and is it important. Then for an activity we had scales and we measured different things and compared things then we did some thinking games. Boy did I feel stupid. One of the things was "How do you fit 'Ten Horses' in nine stalls?" I think I'm going to do that to my family. MWAAAHHAHHAHHH.........forgive my pathetic evil laugh. After that class was done I went to the Nilsons house for my French class (which was about 2 and a half hours later.) French was really fun. The people taking French are Colin Couch, Maddie Smith, Rabecca Black and myself. OH! BY THE WAY.......I got braces yesterday and they hurt immensely. I look forward the getting them off and having beautiful teeth. Well that's it for now.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday October 10 2008
Today in Pyramid Project we discussed Patterns and Truth. It is mind boggling to think about everything having patterns and mathematical meaning. Today we learned a more about patterns. To do this we ( Kayla,Peter,Lillian and I) each got a plant of our choice and our job was to study our plant and find as many patterns as we could see at the moment. Then after our allotted time was up we discussed the patterns we found with each other. After this exercise we received a multiplication table and were asked if we could see any patterns. After a while we started to see little things and then big things. After we found a bunch of little patterns Brother Waddell (Our Mentor) showed us a multiplication table that he had played with and he found that if he colored the ones the twos the threes and fours different colors and then colored each number that ended with a one, two, three or four the color he had chosen. He found that made a pattern. Then he asked us what else we could do to see what other patterns we could find in the multiplication tables. I suggested that you could color in each individual number. For example if the number was 134 you would color the one yellow the three red and the four green. So that was really fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some advice / thoughts on life.....
"When life is throwing all the negatives of the world at you, defeat them with a smile and a hearty laugh." :D
"When you go new places, pause for a moment and take it in by concentrating on smells, sounds, objects, buildings and the feeling of the area around you. It will make it more memorable."
No comments:
Post a Comment